Rhodia

Rhod"What’s so great about Rhodia pads?

1) They’re beautiful, with their orange covers and backs

2) They’re bound across the top, with perforations at the top of each page to
enable you to tear pages out neatly and cleanly

3) The backs are very heavy cardboard for ease of writing

4) The paper is high quality white vellum with a graph paper pattern, letting
you put one letter in each box for an almost magical transformation of your
notes and words into something that actually appears of substance

5) Their best feature, though, is so subtle it’s not mentioned anywhere I’ve
ever seen, nor is it obvious when you hold one in your hand. The cover of the
pad is indented all the way across in three places toward the top. You can see
the lines in the photo above, the middle of the three being most prominent. The
purpose of those indentations is to let you fold the cover up and back over the
pad such that the cover sits perfectly square and flat against the top and back.
You have to use one of these pads to appreciate the elegance of this
feature."

Joe Stirt, M.D.
Book of Joe

This entry was posted in Opinions. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Rhodia

1. Patrick Ng says:

I love Rhodia also, it is very portal and I can change style by using some leather cover manufactured by Japanese. You just put a Rhodia notepad into those leather and it transforms into an elegant pocket leather notepad.

I’m travelling in Osaka now. I just found from a store called Tokyu Hands that this Japanese manufacturer now produce the leather cover for Rhodia under the Rhodia brand, i.e. a yellow/orange box with Rhodia logo contains the leather cover. It is certainly very attractive but I needed to save some money :)

2. TPB, Esq. says:

Rhodia’s pocket notebooks have also become a new favorite of mine, as they’re smaller than the Moleskine pocket journals. I love the paper quality; as good as my old chem lab notebooks.

3. Adam says:

I’ll check them out, but I think I’ll stick to my Moleksine.

4. Lise says:

Rhodia was my first find stationery wise in Paris. Coming from Australia we only ever had ruled lines in exercise books, notebooks and finding this ‘different looking’ stationery was a buzz, it always reminded me of the times in Paris. So seeing a Rhodia brings back memories. Not available in Australia until recently I found the orange A5 or is it B5 size in a Borders store in Melbourne CBD. Mmm the love of beautiful notebooks continues…

5. I still need to try these out. Keep meaning to but forgetting.

Chris

6. Kenji says:

I am a software engineer. I always need to thrash out the tasks in my work.

I made new way by mixing GTD and managing the tasks with RHODIA.

I call it “GTD + R”.

It is very simple for the concept. I call it “Card game for push through the work” as metaphor.

Anybody wants the tasks or work to get things done sooner. To get things done, you have to capture it. So I call it the GAME to clean up the tasks.

I think that there are a lot of people who wants to do their works as games.
    You prepare FIELD because it is the GAME. You can play it and clean up the tasks on the field.
    You prepare POCKET. It makes easy to carry and to clean up the tasks anywhere.

Let’s try “GTD + R”!

7. Marie Germaine says:

uhh… this is a moleskine fan site…