The “Secret” Magnetic Strip

Mgs

"Has anyone else found the "hidden" magnetic strip inside their Moleskine? I knew
that there was one on the packaging, but this is the first Moleskine, of mine, I
have found with the strip inside as well."

Adam
HACKERATI

This entry was posted in My Moleskine. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The “Secret” Magnetic Strip

1. Hmmm…I just started on my seventh Pocket Moleskine, and I haven’t had one of these strips in any one of them…

2. I thought those were placed in there by the retailers to prevent theft?

Chris

3. As far as I’m aware, they are placed only by your bookstore. I’d be rather upset if somebody attached an adhesive strip on an acid free page; even if you immediately remove it, in several decades that area will look “burned”.

It’s not a Moleskine thing, it’s your retailer.

4. Pete Lenz says:

Those magnetic strips are indeed used to prevent theft. If a store has magnetic strip sensors at their exit doors of course.

I’ve not seen one yet in any of mine.

5. Adam says:

So do the Moleskines arive at the store with any wrapping, then are inserted with sensors, and then wrapped? Or do the stores unwrap them, sensor them, then re wrap? The ladder just seems weird to me, taking the product out of its origonal wrapping then re wrapping it. Not necessary, but insight would be interesting. I guees that is why whenever I go to the bookstore the ssecurity alarm goes off. Then when they see my pages are full the they let me get on my way.

6. Mike says:

They’re used by the CIA to track any possible dangerous thoughts as part of a new crackdown on “mind terrorism”.

7. Just remember to wear your tinfoil hat while you are writing in your Moleskine and the MIB won’t be able to intercept your thoughts. Although, of course, tinfoil hats are what the aliens home in on.

8. Adam says:

I’ll make sure to add that to my “Moleskine Suggestions” list, thanks Bill.

9. Anne LaVin says:

Think twice about those tinfoil hats:

Looks like they’re designed *specifically* so the MIB can send mind-control messages. Or something like that. Yeah.

10. Disinformation, Anne? And don’t you find it innnn-terrr-essting that MIT is so similar to MIB? Not to mention MI8? Be afraid. Be very afraid. They’d really like it if you didn’t wear your hat.

11. ronald salazar says: