Moleskine’s City Notebook, New York

Ck079204
" In the past few years the Moleskine notebook has become a ubiquitous part of New York City culture, from Williamsburg to Inwood it seems like everyone is carrying one of the things. I even use the sketchbook variation myself when I’m sketching on the subway. They’ve opened up the product line quite a bit in the last few years adding watercolor books, and the new City Notebooks.

The City Notebooks started in Europe, but this spring they released the first ones for American cities, Washington D.C., Boston, San Francisco and of course New York. Later this year they’ll be adding Chicago, LA, Seattle and Montreal. The city notebooks are basically travel books. Maps, sections on bars, restaurants, shops, hotels, galleries, etc., except it’s all blank. The idea is that you use it to create your own guide to the city, filled with your own favorite places and things.

So, at nearly $30 a book is it worth it? .."

Cully @ Metroblogging: NYC

LINK

————————–

Update 5.8.07

Kikkerland Design Inc. says the notebooks will retail between US$17.95
and 19.95

This entry was posted in Opinions. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Moleskine’s City Notebook, New York

1. sysop says:

If and when I travel to one of the cities that Moleskine offers as a city guide, to me it would be worth buying one. I’m not sure where you got the $30 price? I’ve seen them on Moleskineus.com for about $16.95. $15.95 at Amazon.com.

2. Fred Kiesche says:

I’m curious about these books, but not sure if my curiosity is high enough to overcome that price tag!

I’m puzzled as to why Philadelphia was not in the first batch of releases. There are a lot of historic and cultural sites (Liberty Hall, anyone?) there and it would seem a natural. Maybe the second batch!

3. Christy says:

On Amazon, perhaps he/she figured in shipping to the $30 price. I thought they were more like $16/17 in stores. The stores here, however, don’t have all of the cities. B&N here only has Rome and Milan.

Cool idea, and I’m always interested in new Moleskines, but I think I’ll pass on these for now.

4. J says:

I got mine for $20 ~including~ shipping and handling. Whoever is getting them for $30 is really getting worked.

5. Kate Stone says:

I get them on Ebay for about $12.00.

6. Cully says:

I said $30 because the list price is $27.95. I know a lot of online retailers are discounting them but that may not always hold true, and $27.95 is the MSRP from modoemodo. (and it’s he, Christy) Thanks for the link!

7. M says: