Wil Wheaton’s Noteboook

Wil

Greg Goddard alerted us to this post at WIRED magazine’s "Game Life".

Wil Wheaton on what he carries every single time he leaves the house:

"I put a 3×5 softcover Molskine notebook and a ballpoint pen into my back pocket when I get dressed every day. It’s as automatic as putting on my wedding ring. I carry it with me because I never know when I’m going to get a story idea, or see something that I could incorporate into some future work. It’s also handy for playing hangman with my wife when we’re waiting for the subway."

Read the full article

Exhibition
View the First Annual Moleskinerie Exhibit.Discover and join our Moleskine communities on LiveJournal, MySpaceMoleskinerie FLICKR, FACEBOOK and Meal Moles.
Get
out – have a life and write about it. We’ll see you on
Monday.

This entry was posted in My Moleskine. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Wil Wheaton’s Noteboook

1. Sophie Brown says:

I keep wondering if men are more likely to buy the small pocket-sized notebooks. As a woman, I can fit the larger size in my purse. I wonder if I ought to rethink this and go and get myself a small pocket-sized Moleskine. I’m one of the company’s biggest fans, and have never really used one.

2. Jared says:

I’ve wanted to try the Cahier pocket notebooks for my carry-around pad. Hopefully it conforms well in the back pocket. Currently I carry the Rhodia no.11 pad in my back pocket and keep a grid-lined pocket Moleskine in my messenger bag for calendar and project notes. The Rhodia pad is for shopping lists and throw-away notes that are later transfered to my Moleskine. I carry a Mini-G2 pen in my front pocket.

3. Sophie Brown says:

I have never really understood why anyone would choose grid-lined paper. I know there are some die-hards but I don’t quite get it. Can anyone spell this out for me?

4. Brian Thomas says:

Sophie:
    Some of us love using the grid, coming from a math/engineering background; calendars and lists are probably easier to draw; some areas of design like web design and architecture benefit from having neat lines. I myself grew up doodling and sketching and writing all the time on graph paper as a math nerd.

I can only speak for myself when I say that the grid gives me a little more liberty than just lined: the lines go both ways! :) That means I can turn my notebook sideways and write or turn my reporter into a super-wide notebook.

In the end it’s just a personal preference.

5. Bob Law says:

I use my moleskines for sketches mostly. I prefer the grid because, especially in the case with the pocket sized, I am better able to take advantage every bit of space. It’s just more efficient for me. Though I do use a ruled moleskine for journal type entries.

6. Sophie Brown says:

See, I’m the exact opposite. I WISH I were comfortable with unlined paper but it has never really worked out for me. So I settle for the lines, but then I thought with grid paper, I guess it just seems more structured, to me, or the idea made me feel boxed in, but I hadn’t thought of it in quite that way.