Moleskine Wallet Hack

2563693827_3266e53663

2564518202_a48881cc7c

Inspired by a friend who was using his Moleskine as a wallet, I decided
to design a Moleskine "wallet cover" to hold cash, credit cards, Moo
mini-cards, and a pen. The cover is mounted tightly, holds everything
securely, doesn’t add too much bulk, and slides in and out of a pocket
with ease. This should encourage me to always have my Moleskine within
reach whenever ideas strike.

2563699841_6aeb73b8a2

Moleskine Wallet Hack by Richard Bryan

Learn more at Operation Orange on FLICKR

All rights reserved RB

This entry was posted in My Moleskine. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Moleskine Wallet Hack

1. Rasmus says:

Now THAT is a friggin’ sweet mod. Very much my style.

2. LivSimpl says:

Great idea and a great design. I’d love to see detailed patterns/instructions on how to create one. I’d even pay for one if I could find it for sale!

3. jgodsey says:

oohh now that’s very clever.
    I like the moo card holders!!

4. Where are the step-by-step instructions? I desperately need this.

5. The best instructions I have right now are post-construction on flickr ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/operationorange/sets/72157605517462686/ ). You should be able to replicate what we did using the flickr photos and comments. I’ll try to talk my wife into making more for sell on etsy and/or a detailed instructable (http://instructables.com/). The credit really belongs to my wife for this. She did all the sewing and craft work!

6. Sophie Brown says:

You could definitely sell these. I know people have been complaining about not having a place to keep their pen since Moleskine came out these past 10 years. And a lot of people are not so crafty as your wife.
    And this is not so much just a novel idea but more functional as well.

7. Sophie Brown says:

Someone on Flickr was wondering about the coins. What I would do is get some coin purses, the ones i’m thinking of I saw at Virgin records, they were Japanese and made of paper, and then it could (if the right size) fit right into one of the slots.

8. ^^ Great solution for storing coins. I’ve never seen the paper coin purses you mention, but will keep my eye out for them.

9. Tony Spunzo says:

Where did the detailed instructions go? or where may I buy this increadable product?