Moleskine Neatness

Pocket Ninja

8389402n02
Mr. Burning has a problem:

"I love my Moleys to bits, I cant (currently) think of using anything
else, I have three on the go at the moment and recently purchased five
more to keep me going. and because I got a good deal on them.

However, having been fairly anal in trying to keep them neat and tidy,
being horrored that they had marks on the pages creases etc, I now
accept the marks scuffs and blemishes that they pick up, my current
square pocket notebook has pages ready to fall out due to repeated
bending and folding at the spine as well as numerous smudges, I am
happy to say that my bookmarks ARE frayed and I do pick at them and
tease my cats with them from time to time and get them shredded.

I would like to know what state other peoples ‘Skines are in and what
outrageously OCD tendancies do people have in trying to keep them
pristine…"

Join this ongoing discussion at Moleskinerie/FLICKR

Image: ABF All rights reserved

This entry was posted in My Moleskine. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Moleskine Neatness

1. Dave says:

I don’t try to keep mine pristine. The more beat up, the better (as long as they’re still functional). Scrapes, scuffs, and scratches just add character and history to the stories and thoughts inside.

2. tj says:

I actually have a problem USING mine! I have three different notebooks in various stages of use … but none of them used to their full potential. *sigh*

3. Sophie Brown says:

Sometimes I’m actually using erasable ink. I put clear nail polish on the bookmark as soon as I unwrap the thing (or they become useless in time).

4. chris joseph says:

I bought a large sketchbook that I did nothing but admire for a year before marking more than just my name inside the cover. It was too beautifully constructed to ruin!

After spending some time jotting notes in a cahier notebook, I finally broke down and started using my original purchase as it was meant to be. I still take good care of the cover and am careful to wipe it down with a damp cloth from time to time, but I’m taking bends and creases in stride. These books were made to be heavily used.

5. Sophie Brown says:

Made for heavy use is right. If you want a hardcore workshop as an artist/writer it’s yours. I think initially it’s harder, you want to keep things pristine. I guess just force yourself past that.

6. I recently had to use Gorilla Glue to repair my spine. I don’t bother trying to keep them pristine because I go through them so quickly!

7. Fred Berktin says:

The more worn out your Moleskine note book looks the more people show interest in them. It’s like who wants to wear brand new jeans. Thant’s why jean manufacturers started making the jeans with the used look. maybe Moleskine should introduce the worn out look. Only joking, it is better to use it a lot enter tons of pictures, memoribila and wear it until it is almost falling apart. I love it. Mine are all bulging at the seams. The wraparound band is working overtime on my notebooks.