Welcome 2009!

Kwitis

Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty
light:
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him
die.

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the
snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the
true.

Ring out the grief that saps the mind,
For those that here we see no
more;
Ring out the feud of rich and poor,
Ring in redress to all
mankind.

Ring out a slowly dying cause,
And ancient forms of party strife;
Ring
in the nobler modes of life,
With sweeter manners, purer laws.

Ring out the want, the care, the sin,
The faithless coldness of the
times;
Ring out, ring out my mournful rhymes,
But ring the fuller minstrel
in.

Ring out false pride in place and blood,
The civic slander and the
spite;
Ring in the love of truth and right,
Ring in the common love of
good.

Ring out old shapes of foul disease;
Ring out the narrowing lust of
gold;
Ring out the thousand wars of old,
Ring in the thousand years of
peace.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Image: D. Morris

Felice Anno Nuovo, Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Antum salimoun,
Feliz Ano Novo, Xin Nian Kuai Le, Bonne Annee, Sun Leen Fai Lok,,
Selamat Tahun Baru,
L‘Shannah Tovah, Feliz Año Nuevo, Prosit Neujahr, Akimashite
Omedetto Gozaimasu, Manigong Bagong Taon, Happy New Year!

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Welcome 2009!

1. c.a. Marks says:

I’m going out to get my new 2009 moleskin date planner TODAY.

2. Joy says:

Happy New Year Armand, and Moleskine friends near and far.

-Joy

3. Johnny says:

Happy New Year to Armand and to everyone! :)

4. grapemind says:

I absolutely loved this and forwarded it to many friends
    Happy new year all!
    -grapemind

5. Ali S. says:

Happy New Year to you Armand for putting so much work into one of my favourite sites and to everyone out there! Lets all hope the new year shall be a prosperous and peaceful one for us all!

6. Sophie Brown says:

I just want to say to anyone who may be feeling the same: If today doesn’t work out as planned with your “resolutions” don’t worry about it. Maybe consider them more as “goals”. It was a cold crappy day here, with frost on the sidewalks and dirty cars, I don’t know but maybe the air pressure is creepy. Just get up every day and try to do a little better on your “goals”. If you didn’t stop smoking today, maybe just take “steps” tomorrow, like getting the patches. I think today was “a little off” and so I’m just going to keep going. In the end nobody cares if you quit smoking on January 1–if you stop on January 9, or start your book on February 11–who cares? Maybe a New Year’s goal to stick with something, that’s better in the end anyway. I guess the New Year can be inspiring. But today was certainly NOT inspiring. So if you have goals like me, stick with it!

7. Kisane says:

Happy New Year to everyone at Moleskinerie!! May there be many new blank Moleskines in the year ahead, waiting to be filled.

8. mietwagen says:

Sehr gute Seite. Ich habe es zu den Favoriten.