5-year diary Daily Moleskine hack

8223

Lani Teshima has posted pictures of her 5-year diary that she made using a small Daily Moleskine. There are notes on the photos as well that walks us through the process.

Learn more at Lani's FLICKR photoset

*Anything to stretch the budget and calm the mind these days are welcome. Your crisis journaling tips?

This entry was posted in My Moleskine. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 5-year diary Daily Moleskine hack

1. Greg says:

Holy Cow! That’s a lot of stamping, lining, and hacking to pull that off. I’m using the same daily Moleskine for journalling workouts and eating habits, but didn’t think of making it into a multi-year thing. Nice job!

2. yes says:

Cool,.. looks like it took roughly forever.

Fitness and short daily notes seem like a great use for something like this. Maybe Moleskine could make them pre-made someday? Personally, I’ve never had a need for a multi-year journal, but I’m sure others do. I guess if I tracked gym habits I would, but I like to write endlessly.

3. Lani Teshima says:

Thanks for posting my project, Armand!

I had the idea for this project last year when the Daily Moleskine I’d bought for 2008 went mostly unused (the weekly version works better for actual scheduling purposes). I tossed the daily onto my stack of notebooks I don’t really use anymore, and it happened to include the “5 Year Diary” book. The light bulb went off in my head.

I had to do a bit of planning, and it took several sessions to get this done. The best way to do for me was to sit on the couch next to a lamp for lighting, and cocooning with a lapdesk while I watched TV. I split the sessions into mini-projects, starting first by turning every page to relax the book, then the long process of drawing the lines. I found that it was easier to just draw lines on one side before starting on the other, since it involved slightly different positioning.

When I was finally done with the lines, my next phase was the rubber stamping. That didn’t take nearly as long as the lines.

It felt great when I got done, though, and it’ll be good for five whole years! :-)

4. D Smith says:

I have a 5 year journal that ends this year. I keep important dates and happenings that are sometimes hard to remember later like when someone died or was married, etc. Good job.

5. Anna says:

Check out my grandmother’s five year diary from 1939-1943 : http://www.thirtyninefortythree.blogspot.com. She wrote in it every single day! Mostly…

6. Holly says:

Oh, how I wish Moleskine would make a five- or ten-year journal. There is only one ten-year diary out there, and it’s ugly as sin. I know Moleskine would make something beautiful.