New Sharpie pen

44ttss

People are talking about the new Sharpie pens from Sanford, said to be smudge-free.

“Bold, permanent ink wont bleed through paper and resists smearing, when dry Durable fine point plastic tip delivers precise and consistent writing with minimal effort…”

Check out the product link

This entry was posted in Product Updates. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to New Sharpie pen

1. bogiesan says:

Been using the black Sharpie pen for several weeks. Have not been able to find other colors yet in Boise ID. While it doesn’t smudge, it’s an intensely black ink and can bleed through. Pleasant feel on most papers. Like any fiber-tipped writing object, the nib wears after a few thousand words.
    BTW: My local Costco has 12-count blister packs of Sharpie pens, black only, for about $11.00.

david boise ID

2. ksklein says:

me want!!!!
    (but i´m happy that once in a while friends send me normal sharpies from the states to germany).

3. Birgit says:

Looks like a shameless rip-off of the Copic Multiliner SP pens http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Copic_MultiLiner_SP.html

4. dowdyism says:

I found these last spring in Wal-Mart, and have been in love with them ever since. They come in black, blue, green, red and just added purple and orange (although I haven’t seen them on the shelves yet – others have). Very good all around pen, and the no bleed statement is true. I reviewed the black model in my Moleskine Reporter right here: http://www.penaddict.com/2008/05/review-sharpi-1.html

5. jay says:

I’d disagree just a little with the first comment that “it’s an intensely black ink …” Ok it’s black… right.. “intensely” might take it a bit far. Regular permanent marker Sharpies are intensely black. This is nowhere near that. I find it looking slightly gray, not even black.

I still like it, though. And I haven’t had any bleed problems, either.

6. Derek says:

As I lefty, I’ve adopted these as my new utensil of choice. No smudging, no bleeding, fairly black (though I could do with a deeper shade), and a smooth nib that I simply haven’t found with other similar pens. Quite nice.

7. bogiesan says:

> And I haven’t had any bleed problems, either.<

Just writing or are you drawing, cross-hatching, inking in an area? Sorry, I should have make myself more clear. “Intense” appears to be relative, too, now I know what you mean. Purple and orange sound like fun.

david boise ID

8. Does the ink smell like that of the traditional Sharpie?

9. Wendee says:

A great number of my colleagues use the regular Sharpies to sketch, but I can’t stand the bleeding and smell. I was intrigued by the new pens and bought a two-pack. They are as advertised: don’t smudge, don’t bleed through (I draw, tried them on a Hand.Book), and are water-resistant for watercolors. They don’t smell! Yay! I’ve only used the black pen, and yes, it is much less “intensely black” than the normal Sharpie is. Doesn’t bother me very much, though. The line is smooth and crisp; I’ll see how it holds up over time.

I also use the Copic pens (and a whole slew of others), but what I like about the Sharpies in general is that they are more easily found, in office supply stores, etc.

10. Oxhead says:

The advertisement notes, “Permanent on paper.”

Wow! I never saw that in a pen before!

11. Alia says:

I, too, saw these and tried them out, mmmm, I think it was some time last year amongst the school supplies? Anyway, I bought a two-pack. While they do live up to the manufacturer’s description, I didn’t like writing with them: the ink flow isn’t as smooth as a gel pen or roller ball (yes, I know, different kind of pen entirely, but I know what I like), and I found that to get solid lines, I had to carefully hold the pen so that the tip was precisely perpendicular to the paper. Add a little cap that tried to escape every chance it got, and my two Sharpie pens were rapidly retired to my pen drawer.

Like most pens, Sharpie pens did not look so hot on Moleskine sketchbook paper (they did the weird fade thing anyone who’s applied a marker of any kind to the M sketchbook paper is familiar with). I didn’t test them on regular Moleskine paper.

There’s my two cents. Obviously, pen-choice is a very personal thing. I know a former coworker adored the Sharpie pens enough that her desk was littered with both blue and black inked versions.

12. Mike Donovan says:

I’ve been using the new Sharpie Pen for about 3 months and LOVE it. It might possibly bleed through a little more than the G2 but it’s offset (for me anyway) by the ultra-fine lines created with a smooth feel. I love them!

13. renee says:

i discovered these several months ago… they were so difficult to find at first. the ads were out on tv, but no stores carried them!

anyway, i love them. they are a lot of fun.

of course i prefer my nicer pens — sharp, mont blanc — for more serious writing.

but these are really fantastic for normal, everyday use.

14. Robyn says:

These are truly my favorite pens. A bit on the expensive side, but I just love that they are pretty black and don’t bleed like traditional dark black pens.

15. Ed says:

Mine started leaking after a week. If you’re rough on your pens, beware.

16. Harry Dean says:

I personally think that Shakura MICRON pens are better. I’ve tried both.

17. Matt says:

I like the microns as well, but for a lefty these Sharpies are one of the best. The no smudge is a godsend!

18. DHa says:

I saw this and picked up a variety pack of all four colors at Staples. I really like them. While the colors aren’t as dark as I would have expected the flow is as smooth as a gel pen but dries much faster. I think I’ve found a new favorite to replace my uni-ball pens.

19. Helga Gamzey says:

The Sharpie Pen is incredible! Tad expensive but great, try to go easy on it though, applying to much pressure can mess it up =D