OPEN SESSION: The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion

Welcome to OPEN SESSION:  The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion.

Moleskinerie invites you, our visitors to share your thoughts on a special topic.

Today we will talk about our pets. Watch the video then share your thoughts.

About the video:

Last Minutes with ODEN from phos pictures on Vimeo.

Directed/Edited: Eliot Rausch

Director of Photography: Luke Korver, Matt Taylor

Song: Big Red Machine / Justin Vernon + Aaron Dessner

(via SwissMiss)

This entry was posted in OPEN SESSION: Open Thread Discussion. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to OPEN SESSION: The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion

1. Steve says:

Well, damn. That was beautiful. I’m sitting here, in my office at work, with tears in my beard. Doesn’t help that I had to do the same thing not two months ago. Max was 13, and could have been Oden’s brother so much did they look alike.

2. Colin says:

Look, we’ve all lost pets so get over it, grow up, shave off the stupid beard, wear socks, stop smoking and avoid tatoo parlours from now on. As for posting this miserable and gloomy vid at Christmas … who on earth thought it was a good idea?

3. Aaron says:

Damn… like Old Yeller documentary style.

4. Harry Dean says:

Losing a pet is hard. Consider that with this economy many people have had to part with their pets for financial reasons.

5. dwanimen says:

Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this story of love. I was deeply moved.

6. Helen says:

Saw the title, turned of the sound, scrolled through real quick .. nup … not watching that….

can we talk about notebooks please?

7. letter says:

This blog is so far off topic with pets, politics, and products. There’s no fun or relevance in the blog anymore.

8. Armand says:

“Letter”:

Here’s the about page, written the day I started this blog. I don’t live on notebooks alone.

9. Lia T says:

Most of all I was impressed with the quality of the video. I liked the bike rides, the view from below while the rain fell etc. Bravo dude.

10. Helen says:

“While the subject matter wasn’t the most light and cheerful, it was very touching and meaningful for sure. (Maybe you have to have LOVED a dog)”

Believe me I have and the hurt is still kinda raw .. I’ve got two oldies here now. I wouldn’t trade them for the world even though I know what’s down the track.

Just avoiding making myself miserable. Notebooks are safe. Well mostly.

For sad pet stories nothing I’ve found tops this one …

11. johnny says:

what’s up with all the telling the author/editor what he can do with HIS blog? are you forced to read it? do you pay him? does he owe you anything? keeping a blog up for nearly six years is no small feat!

12. Krt says: