OPEN SESSION: The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion

Moleskine3jm-0s

Welcome to OPEN SESSION:  The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion.

Moleskinerie invites you, our visitors to share your thoughts on a special topic.

Today we want to know what kind of Moleskine user you are.

The Media Collective has a quiz for that. View the complete graphic at CORE-TOON and share your results with us.

Image: ©2009 Core77 All Rights reserved

Artist: lunchbreath

This entry was posted in Humor. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to OPEN SESSION: The Moleskinerie Open Thread Discussion

1. I think I can tick off at least 6 of those…

2. Ali S. says:

I’m more of a personal journal/reflection type of Moleskine user. Though I do wise I could do the Travel one.

3. Harry Dean says:

Free Form/Collager. I use moleskines mainly for writing whatever comes to mind complete with coffee and grease stains and sometimes stains of no discernable origin. Its both formal and informal but mostly the later. I write down things in my moleskines I wouldn’t write down otherwise in my formal expensive amalfi journal.

4. I agree with both of the previous comments. I use it for a number of different things, but mostly as a journal/thought/story collector. I’m pretty surprised they didn’t have an image for that.

5. Pe. Riche. says:

I too use my Moleskine as a journal. But, even with my journal, I would have to say that I am formal. I use it only for writing, as it is void of pictures or any hacks or additions. I also love the caption beneath the Formal picture. “Hierarchy, Structure!” That made me laugh.

6. Aaron says:

Well the ruled journals I use for writing. The planners, well, they plan. The sketchbook and plain I use for sketching, and the watercolors I use for watercolors.

7. Sarnaa says:

Definitely the top four on the left corner: Formal, Freeform, Self-actualized, self-referential

8. Peggy says:

These were great! They’re so true. I’d like to be the collager, structure ones, but mine mostly sit around in the wrappers. I dream about using them. Someday I will.

9. Bob says:

I use the journals, sketchbooks and watercolor books. I journal about my life, hobbies, my art business, difficult times in the service….people lost….I paste
    small newspaper/magazine clips about events important to me and occassional photographs. I have filled perhaps 20+ journals in my life and the last handful have been Moleskine, now my favorite journal.

10. FreeForm, Collager, self referential (selfportraits!), overprepared (sold on an obscure website), image conscious, defensive (if needed to be). i use it for everything, from grocerie shopping to class notes to drawing to project ideas to journal to ideas to telephone numbers carrier… and since i share it often, i am more conscious of what i do and try to make thing pretty, intricate and interesting

11. Emma S says:

I’m the formal, self-referential, jet-setter, activist/opportunist/delusional type :)
    This is beautiful.

12. Aisha says:

I think I am closest to being a freeformer, using it to write poems and maxims (freeform art).

13. Graz says:

You missed out chaotic!

14. Macus says:

Very difficult to assign just one category.
    Formal at time, then informal, sometimes overprepared as I buy in bulk and self-actualized…. and mostly Journal Writer, there should be category for this.

15. Matthew says:

I’m another one in the journal/sketchbook camp – I guess that makes me more formal than freeform.

16. Malinda says:

Freeform, self-referential, DIY: Cheap & Purist (yes), and an Opportunist who will draw around anyone!

Fun cartoon!

17. Xerisha says:

I have 4 Moleskines (watercolor and japanese ones) still in their wraps. Not that I am lazy but I’m scared to use them and ruin them. Also still amazed what others do with their Moleskines.

18. Brandon says:

I use mine to write in. Original, simple, and apparently overlooked.

19. Contact Form says:

It took me a while to search on the web, only your site open up the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

– Laura